AS Performance Workbench is a scalability testing application for Analysis Services Cubes. It puts a GUI around monitoring counters, uses multiple threads to simulate high loads, and produces beautiful HTML output documenting your test results.
The goal for AS Performance Workbench is to provide a user-friendly, highly efficient scalability testing and documentation tool for SSAS.
This application has the following features:
- The ability to use multiple threads to simultaneously generate query workload in a way that simulates multiple simultaneous application users.
- A function to generate query workload in random order across threads to produce a random workload profile consistent with users taking their own path through the application.
- Random “think time” intervals when performing “simulated user population” testing.
- Functions to collect detailed performance counter statistics and present this information graphically, including annotations on graphs to indicate query failures.
- Automatic production of HTML reports suitable for use in interpreting test results and briefing business users on the test outcome.
Additional Documentation: http://asperfwb.codeplex.com/documentation
Watch a demo on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4-3JTyDXM
Questions: Rob Kerr (http://blog.robkerr.com
Application Screen Shot
Report Output (HTML)