Time out exception

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Hello:

My MDX query is runing fine in SSMS, but when i run in AS Performance Workbench, i am getting following error\exception.

Exception: XML for Analysis parser: The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. thanking in advance.

Thanks

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:22 AM
Edited Jul 2, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Hi Rob,

I too have concern about this exception, could you please let us know how to enhance this setting and where.

Or let us know if there is any patch available for customising request time out setting.

Thanks in Advance

-Samdani

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Hi,

Not quite sure this product is still being supported, if yes, can someone tell me what could have caused these error. e.g. below is one of my MDX report output in the workbench, and it can be run in SSMS; the profiler shows it run 52572 (duration column, millisecond)

"Exception: XML for Analysis parser: The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. XML for Analysis parser: The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. XML for Analysis parser: The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. Server: The operation has been cancelled. XML for Analysis parser: The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. XML for Analysis parser: The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. XML for Analysis parser: The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. XML for Analysis parser: The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. XML for Analysis parser: The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed."

Thank you.

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Hi,

In case anybody encountered the same issue, my colleague had made changes on the source code. please see the patch uploaded below; it also allows SSAS 2012 performance counters 

http://asperfwb.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/patches

Regards,

Min